The time Muslims spend in the Mosque of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is really precious, and a smart Muslim is the one who seeks to make the best use of it. Actually, This is your golden chance to get myriad rewards and to draw closer and closer to your Lord. Once you enter the Mosque, and even before that when you are in your way to it, you will be in the shade of Allah’s Mercy and blessing. Following are some tips to get as much reward and to reap as many fruits as possible:
1- Make a perfect Wudu’ before going to the mosque and walk in a calm and quiet way. It is reported that one who does a perfect wudu’ and go out of his house only to pray in the mosque will have his ranks exalted and sins wiped while he is walking.
2- Try to go to the mosque early enough to recite some parts of the Qur’an and make remembrance and Du`aa’
3- Make the niyah of I`tikaf ( that the time you are going to spend is i`tikaf –spiritually retreat in the mosque)
4- Say the Du`aa’ of entering the mosque, “O Allah, send blessings on Muhammad, O Allah, forgive me my sins and open for me the doors of your mercy.”
5- Now that you are in the Mosque, try to put every minute to the best use , the following doors of reward are waiting for you:
– Read the Qur’an with reflection and contemplation.
– Make a lot of Du`aa’, for you and your family and for the Muslim Ummah, especially between the Adhan and Iqamah as this is a time in which Du`aa’ is most likely to be answered
– Make Dhikr (remembrance of Allah) and stay as much time as possible in the mosque. It is reported that if one finished the Prayer and stayed awaiting for the next one, the angels will keep asking Allah’s forgiveness for him, and he will be deemed as spending this time in prayer, so long as he retains his wudu’, and not harm othe
– Do not forget, prayer in the prophet’s mosque is as equal to thousand prayers in other mosques. So try to offer it in the best and most perfect way.
– Visit the Prophet’s grave and send your salam to him.- Try your best to stay and pray in the Rawdah, as it is part of paradise. But this should not make you harm or disturb others.
– Spend some time in reflection; this is the place which witnessed the Prophet’s recitation of the Qur’an; who knows, you may be praying in the very spot where the Prophet prayed once a day, here, in this blessed site the companions would gather to receive the Allah’s revelation from the Prophet and learn from him the teachings of Islam. This mosque has many beautiful memories cherished by every Muslim. Surely, you would like to accompany your beloved Prophet and to cool your eyes on the hereafter by seeing him and the dear companions; all you have to do is to follow into his footsteps and tread on his path.