Time is more precious than money and gold, and that is why the Muslim is required to utilize it in the best manner. Summertime can be a good opportunity for Muslim youth to do many good deeds and take part in many beneficial and useful activities.
Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Muslim lecturer and author, states the following: During the summer break, Muslim youth should make use of the following useful tips:
1. They should make use of the break by seeking Islamic knowledge and spending their leisure time in lawful ways.
2. They should try their best to maintain the ties of kinship that they might have neglected during the school year.
3. They should be active in socializing with their neighbours and relatives.
4. They should keep the company of the righteous and keep in touch with them. Allah the Almighty says, [And keep yourself (O Muhammad) patiently with those who call on their Lord (i.e. your companions who remember their Lord with glorification, praising in prayers, and other righteous deeds) morning and afternoon] (Al-Kahf 17: 28).
5. They have to be aware of haram things such as traveling to places of immorality or watching haram TV, videos, or films.